Re: Have DVD burner, will backup!

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:19:36 -0700
"David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:44:00 +0300
> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>

> > The other script (darmonizer) defaults its size to the full 4 gigs.
>
> All I could get out of darmonizer was "waiting for the <first volume>"
> and then it just stops.

I have been having this problem as well. If you take a look at your
processes, you will see that dar and darmon are still running but the
command-line output has stopped. I haven't had any time to trouble
shoot this, but I believe there is something in the daromizer
script that is shutting off the local echo function of the terminal
program. In other words, daromizer is waiting for a response from a
prompt, but the prompt does not appear on the screen and the terminal
program does not register any input.

This is a wild guess of course. I hope to have some time to look into
it further in the next few weeks.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com