Re: OT: does reporting to spamcop do any good?

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 02:01:55PM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> >  Has anyone on the list used spamcop  ( http://www.spamcop.net/ ) to report
> >  spam? It takes sometime to report the spam.
>
> My procmail scripts report it, based on what spamassassin and
> bogofilter have to say about it.  My MUA is mutt and I've defined
> macros which train bf and run w3m on spamcop's reply email.  It only
> takes a few seconds to confirm each spam.

For people following at home, automating the reporting of spam is
discouraged. A fair number of people manage to report either their own
ISPs or mails they've actually signed up to receive (for example,
this list server has been blacklisted a few times), so you'll need to
be careful as to what you report, unless you know what you're doing.

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend