Re: OT: does reporting to spamcop do any good?

>  Has anyone on the list used spamcop  ( http://www.spamcop.net/ ) to report
>  spam? It takes sometime to report the spam.

My procmail scripts report it, based on what spamassassin and
bogofilter have to say about it.  My MUA is mutt and I've defined
macros which train bf and run w3m on spamcop's reply email.  It only
takes a few seconds to confirm each spam.

>  Is it worth investing that much time?

Not really, but it's satisfying.  With competing spammer cartels of
Russian mafiosi running tens of thousands of machine botnets, there's
never going to be any dent made in the spam problem.  If you can
contrive some way to filter it out, it's likely smarter to just
consider it noise and ignore it.

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
           Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html