Re: GNOME new file selection dialogs

On 6/14/06, Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:
And returning to the original topic, I don't get the hate for the GTK
file picker. Given a choice, I will take the QT version, but ever since
I learned that you can just start typing a path, it hasn't bothered
me much. Of course, I also usually just download to ~/Downloads
and if it needs moved, I move it from the command line.

Where the suckitude of the new GTK file picker really shines is when
you need to specify that a file should be opened with a program in
/usr/bin.  Unless they've fixed that recently.  I really don't like
typing "/usr/bin/xine" and then waiting a minute for the "OK" button
to become clickable.  Well, perhaps not a full minute, but on a 1GHz
laptop it's an excruciatingly long wait nonetheless.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh