Re: Installation failure using debian-31r2-i386-binary-1.iso

Chuck,

Every CD image has checksums available from the download site to make
sure it's been downloaded correctly.  Don't know how to obtain the
checksums via BitTorrent, but the checksum for the 3.1r2 release is
available at:

http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian-cd/3.1_r2/i386/i386/iso-cd/MD5SUMS

Create a checksum of your CD image using winmd5sum, winmd5, or
filecheckmd5 (the first three that popped up in Google--winmd5sum is
open-source) and compare it to the checksum you downloaded.  This should
tell you if your CD image is corrupted or not.

Alternatively, there's an option in the install CD to verify CD
integrity.  At the boot prompt, type 'expert26', then hit enter.  Scroll
down the list of options until you find the 'Verify Install CD' (or
something close) option.

Good luck!

--John