Re: CUPS (1.2) is screwed up totally--I have no printers

* Kenward Vaughan <kay_jay@earthlink.net> [2006-06-12 04:22]:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:07:46AM +0200, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
> > * Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> [2006-06-12 00:08]:

> > > Oh well, KDE, acroread, scribus andwhatnot depend on
> > > cupsyslibs2.  "dpkg-reconfigure cupsys" should do the trick but
> > > it didn't for me.
> >
> > The following worked for me:
<...>

> I went the whole 9 yards, and purged all of them along with the
> packages which depended on them.  Reinstallation, etc.  Same
> problems as before (wrong ID, etc.).  Installed printconf, which
> nicely found the LaserJet, but it still doesn't print.
>
> The only error I have found in the error log that seemed to be real
> was the constant comment about not being able to find pscript5.dll.
> This doesn't exist in any package.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I am installing cups-pdf as well.

Just wondering: do you have any of foomatic-db-*, hpijs, hpijs-ppds
installed ?  I'm not sure whether there are other (good) drivers for
HP LaserJets, I've always used hpijs for my HP LaserJet 1100.

- Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@obfusk.net>                  http://obfusk.net
~ "Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."