Re: [backports & security]

Felix C. Stegerman wrote:

> I've thought about using unstable (see an earlier thread I started),
> and decided to go with stable instead.  But it's nice to know that
> unstable can be used with very little problem.

In general, there are not too many problems or breakages with unstable.
 Occasionally, complex packages will experience RC bugs or other such
things will happen.  Security is generally handled quickly as well, as
new package versions are first uploaded into unstable anyways.  The
problem is that as an administrator, you have no guarantee that the
behavior of your system will remain the same from one dist-upgrade to
the next.  If you are running services in production, this could be a
problem.  If you can stand occasional down time while you sort out such
issues or if you have additional test servers, this tends to not be as
much of a problem.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez