debian testing xorg fails on /dev/input/mice

Hi all
I've just installed debian etch on my main computer, but I get an error
when trying to start X, it tells me:
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
            No such file or directory
(EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"
 No core pointer

And then goes on to give me a fatal error, and X doesn't start.

What package would provide this driver for me? I have
xserver-xorg-input-mouse and I also found this link:
But no solution.
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks
Regards
Jon