Re: Icons missing in Etch

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 01:19:12PM -0400, Jim Seymour wrote:
> I know I had seen a posting from someone else that had this same
> problem, however I cannot locate the thread. I am running Etch with
> Gnome 2.14.1 and after a recent update, the system seems to be unable to
> locate most of its icons. This also affects some applications like
> Evolution. When I try to change the theme I get the following message:
>
> "The default theme schemas could not be found on your system. This means
> that you probably don't have metacity installed, or that your gconf is
> configured incorrectly."
>
> As a result it will not let me change to another theme. Metacity is
> installed and running. Where do I need to go now?

Still no dice here. I have tried deleting the current .gconf to see if a
setting was bad. I have also tried creating a new user and also have the
same problem with the icons under Gnome. Basically it looks like some of
the icons were removed during a recent update.

Jim

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM
advertised OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from