Re: (switching between X11 and consoles (Re: switching games between fullscreen and window)

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 07:50:37PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> You could try one or more of the following:
>
> - Driver "kbd" instead of "keyboard"
> - comment out the "ctrl:nocaps" line
> - "pc104" or "pc105" as the XkbModel
> - add a line: Option "Xkbdisable" "true"
>
> More suggestions are in /etc/X11/xkb/README.config.

THX! I found out that my Xmodmap disabled the VT switching because the
function keys didn´t have the symbold assigned to them needed for
that. It works now with these assignements:

keycode  67 = F1 XF86_Switch_VT_1
keycode  68 = F2 XF86_Switch_VT_2
keycode  69 = F3 XF86_Switch_VT_3
keycode  70 = F4 XF86_Switch_VT_4
keycode  71 = F5 XF86_Switch_VT_5
keycode  72 = F6 XF86_Switch_VT_6
keycode  73 = F7 XF86_Switch_VT_7
keycode  74 = F8 XF86_Switch_VT_8
keycode  75 = F9 XF86_Switch_VT_9
keycode  76 = F10 XF86_Switch_VT_10

keycode  95 = F11 XF86_Switch_VT_11
keycode  96 = F12 XF86_Switch_VT_12

Now I want to disable the behavior of the Caps_Lock key. I was using
it as Control_L, but that doesn´t work anymore. I want it to act as
Control_L and the left Ctrl key either unused or also to act as
Control_L.

I can assign the Control_L symbol to the Caps_Lock key, but it still
acts as Caps_Lock. When I assign braceleft to it, it acts both as
braceleft _and_ as Caps_Lock.

How do I disable Caps_Lock?

GH