How to install jdk1.5?

I'm trying to install jdk1.5 on my Sarge system. I ran the  I did a
search for jdk in Debian space and found very little.

I downloaded the jdk-1_5_0_06-linux-i586.bin file, and ran the
install. I tried it in both /usr/local and then again in my
/home/myusername space. In neither case did it install correctly. When
I try to run javac or anything else (install eclipse) it can't find
the java install.

Are there no deb files, or can anyone help me to get this file installed?

Thanks,

--
Ed