Disable a driver loading in Sarge with backports.org kernel and udev

Hi all,

Before using the newer udev or kernel from backports.org, hotplug gave the possibility to disable a driver by putting the driver in the blacklist of hotplug.

However, with a more recent kernel needing a more recent udev, hotplug isn't used any more.

Kernel in use: linux-image-2.6.15-1-686 (2.6.15-7bpo1)
Udev in use: 0.091-1bpo1

How can I disable a driver from loading, when I don't have hotplug any more?

I'm fighting the HiSax driver ...

Thanks to all,
Kind regards,
Fred

PS: I'm not subscribed to debian-user, thanks for putting me in Cc:

                             Frederik Rousseau
   L I N U X       .~.       CM Electronics bvba
  The  Choice      /V\       0032 3 457 85 67
   of a GNU       /( )\      Duffelsesteenweg 146
  Generation      ^^-^^      2550 Kontich - BELGIUM
               IT Engineer
Don't send e-mails with HTML, spammers do ...