Re: smtp with ssl auth

On Monday 22 May 2006 17:29, Imre Vida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our smtp server requiers ssl authentication
> (user+passwd over port 465)
> It refuses to use SASL, and doesn't work with TSL either
> although the latter is often refered to as TSL/SSL -
> spent quit some time trying to setup postfix properly, and
> tried some others (exim, esmtp, msmtp) as well.
>
> Win applications such as Eudora & co. seem to work well
> when username+passwd and "SSL Authentication" is specified.
>
> Could anybody tell me what exactly is happening on the server
> side?  What is exactly the protocol that i would need to
> setup?

out of the box, postfix seems to want to run chrooted (which is great). but
saslauthd doesn't know to create the mux file where postfix can find it.

edit /etc/default/saslauthd and change the PWDIR line to:
PWDIR=/var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd

and PARAMS to have a value of
"-m $PWDIR"  (with the quotes)

restart saslauthd and postfix should be able to sasl just fine. make sure a
file called 'mux' is at /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/

if it still doesn't work, turn on some debugging on postfix and see why it's
complaining.

--

anoop aryal
aaryal@foresightint.com