Re: fdisk, parted, problems and questions.

On Monday 22 May 2006 17:32, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> The first entry in the table might be your Linux root, but the first
> partition on the drive is your FAT. So if you want your partition table
> to be in disk order, you either have to change the partition table to
> match what you actually have, or you have to physically move the data
> on the disk. For the latter, you are basically back to doing a beckup,
> repartition, reformat and then restore

Actually, fixing the order in fdisk will exchange what is now /dev/hdc1
(linux) and /dev/hdc2 (extended). Everything else remains in place. Could I
assume that lilo could just as happily boot to /dev/hdc2 as it does now
to /dev/hdc1 ?

IF so, how safe is this change to actually save, change lilo.conf and reboot?