Re: perldoc messed up curses

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 09:31:20PM -0400, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using Debian Testing on a IBM Thinkpad A21e. After installing the
> package perl-doc, I find that many curses applications seem to behave
> very strangely some times. For exmaple, emacs (I use emacs -nw which
> is text-based curses mode), nano, less, w3m, and countless others. I
> have removed perl-doc after I noticed this.

I haven't seen anything weird having perl-doc installed.  Did anything
else change around the time you started noticing this?

> Now, whenever I enter a password in the terminal (generally after
> SSH), launching the program, causes strange things to happen, with
> input causing the program to print messages and scroll, and, in
> general, misbehave. This happens on all terminals which were created
> after the SSH (I use gnome-terminal, not the virtual terminal). The
> old ones work fine.

What exactly do the messages say?  And what do you mean do misbehave?
It sounds like more a ssh or gnome-terminal issue.  Have you tried at a
virtual terminal?  Do similar things happen there?

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Ma Bell is a mean mother!