perldoc messed up curses

Hi everyone,

I am using Debian Testing on a IBM Thinkpad A21e. After installing the
package perl-doc, I find that many curses applications seem to behave
very strangely some times. For exmaple, emacs (I use emacs -nw which
is text-based curses mode), nano, less, w3m, and countless others. I
have removed perl-doc after I noticed this.

Now, whenever I enter a password in the terminal (generally after
SSH), launching the program, causes strange things to happen, with
input causing the program to print messages and scroll, and, in
general, misbehave. This happens on all terminals which were created
after the SSH (I use gnome-terminal, not the virtual terminal). The
old ones work fine.

Any ideas?

--
Leonid Grinberg