Re: dialog package with mouse support

Thomas Dickey wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

Installed libctk-3.0.25. The debian package doesn't work but the tarball does: is the *console tool kit*. No longer supported though and no docs at all. Is supposed to be a console API interface to gtk. Has sound support.

I don't recall noticing this one before.  Here's some commentary on it:

	http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/45570

(summary: Linux-specific, no documentation, unsupported...)

I am into libctk. I changed the headers to that you can invoke it from C++. It is neat code! Written by Kevin Lindsay and Wesley Terpstra when they were working for Stormix which went bellyup in 2001.

Neat idea guys!

Was orphaned in oct 2003:
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2003/42/

The idea is supreme: a console interface to gtk. You can use anything gtk API but it runs on the console.

It has not a scrap of docs or man. The examples show up some bugs and I haven't figured out why yet.

Neither can I get the deb to run. I installed the tar and that runs.

There is no doubt that this is what Debian *should have* instead of dialog, if it weren't for the bugs. You should really be able to use a mouse when using make menuconfig, which uses a stripped version of dialog.