From: irrevenant@netspace.net.au [mailto:irrevenant@netspace.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:09 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to correct corrupted dependencies?

When I try:
debian:/home/archonaut# apt-get install --reinstall epiphany-browser

I get the following:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  epiphany-browser: Depends: .2 but it is not going to be installed
Segmentation fault

Looking at the uninstalled ".2" package in synaptic shows that package to
have the same details as package "iso-codes".  "iso-codes" is installed,
but debian is misrecognising the dependency.  Is there a way to refresh the
dependency list for a package?

"apt-get -f install" nets me the following:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies...Done
  .2
The following NEW packages will be installed
  .2
Segmentation fault

Can anyone please help me get my dependencies fixed up?

Thanks.