Problem booting anfter reinstall...

I've got a box that was running Sarge, but I wanted to upgrade it to
Etch. apt-get dist-upgrade failed due to lack of disk space, so I
decided to do a complete reinstall from a netinst CD.

While I was at it I bunged a couple of 18Gb SCSI drives into the machine
to go along with the existing 36Gb one. The install seemed to go okay
(apart from needing a degree in brain surgery to understand LVM, which
I ended up not bothering with), but the machine has now hung upon the
post install restart.

There is a load of stuff on the screen about attaching SCSI drives and
the final message says "Attached scsi disk sdc". Then nothing. I tried
a complete reinstall again, but the same thing has happened.

I'm a complete dunce when it comes to this, I've never installed Debian
on a machine with more than one disk, so I don't know where to begin
to look for the problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction...?

Thanks,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com                   http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,