Re: xfce font scrappy after update

On Thu, 4 May 2006 15:57:10 +0800
Deephay <tudoxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
>  I found that the font of the whole desktop system is really scrappy
> after I ran a
>
> apt-get upgrade (Debian Etch) today.
> How can I deal with this? thx very Much!
>
> The xfce version:
> Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
> version 4.2.3.2 (Xfce 4.2)

libfreetype6 was upgraded in etch today; I suspect that it is the
culprit. See if there is anything relevant in the changelog.

You could run 'dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config' a couple of times,
experimenting with the various options.

If all else fails, you can revert to an earlier freetype from
snapshot.debian.net until the problem is solved. Staring at that
terminal for any length of time will drive you insane.

--

Liam