Re: Steering back on topic [Was: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]]

On Tue, 02 May 2006 18:43:17 -0400
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

[...]
> > Why Ubuntu?  Because it's a /new/ Debian, a /better/ Debian?
> >
> > Cybe R. Wizard -    ;-]
>
> No.  Because it is developed by Canonical Ltd., a corporation, which
> was the criteria set forth being considered "always evil".  I suppose
> I could have included Progeny, Libranet, Xandros and Linspire in the
> bunch as well.
>
> -Roberto

I believe it is only supported by Canonical, not developed by them
although they do pay some developers.  In fact, aren't a lot of
Debian's developers also Ubuntu devs?  I feel similarly about corporate
endeavors generally but I really think Ubuntu is on a good track with
its, "always free," and, "humanity toward others," philosophies. Is
Libranet a corporate Linux? I understood it to be a father and son
operation. Libra Computer Systems Ltd.  Limited liability company or
corporate? It's Canadian so I don't know.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs