Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> writes:

> OK.  (This assumes you own a home).  Figure out how much you paid in
> property taxes last year.  Multiply that by 50.  Now, do you think you
> could fund your child(ren)'s education for 12 years on that?  I could
> probably afford to educate about 10 children, just on that money.  Not
> to mention that where I live, there is an additional "education levy" on
> top of the regular property tax.

Does your whole property tax go towards public schools?  I imagine
this would only be a fraction of that.

> Even better, people who are childless are no longer burdened with paying
> for education of children they don't even have.

So there are people without children who pay for public education.
This means the average parent who has kids in a public school is
paying less than what he would have to if he had to pay it all by
himself.

Matthias