How to save or archive updates downloaded after a CDROM Sarge installation?

Hi Folks,

My first post to a Debian list.  Glad to be here.

Scenario:  Sarge is from CD #1 on a machine with an internet connection.  At
the end of the base install, the installer downloads security and other
updates from a Debian mirror.

Question:  Suppose that I wanted to archive the updates on a blank CD to save
bandwidth on a subsequent install.  Are there instructions how to do this?
Ideally, on a subsequent install (say for a friend or neighbor without a fast
connection,)  Sarge would be installed, and then point the installer at the CD
with the downloaded updates and (somehow) tell it "get the updates from that
CDROM."

How to do that?

======Keith