Merging dirs with (almost) same name

I find myself with directory hierarchies that have been created on
Windows (case insensitive, but case preserving) that I want to process
on a Linux machine (ext2/3 FS, which is case sensitive). Due to
different reasons, one being stupidity of others, I have trees where the
same directory has been split up due to case:

 top/sub1/sub2
 top/Sub1/sub2

Is there some way (other than mounting a case insensitive file system,
such as FAT) to merge these directories?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Here's the social reason that DRM fails: keeping an honest user honest
is like keeping a tall user tall.
     -- Cory Doctorow, Microsoft Research DRM talk