Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 05:22:56PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> Doesn't that make you feel cheap, though?  I mean, I can understand if
> you are unemployed or if you have fallen on hard times financially.
> However, I don't particularly like the fact that I and my neighbors
> (very few of whom have school age children, must are grown up) are
> *forced* by the government to subsidize education for *everyone else's*
> children.

Did your neighbours have the opportunity to have a subsidised education
when they *were* children?

I can't say that I much mind paying so that others can have the same
advantages I had when I was a child.  Especially when I look around here
(in Quebec) and notice that the education the children are getting now
is *much* better than that I had.  Life is improving, despite all the
doomsayers.

-- hendrik