Re: effectiveness of rsync and apt

hi

I did a similar thing some time ago; I used 'xdelta' on two versions of
kernel and of tetex; the results were impressive; I could prepare a
'debdiff' that was < 10% (AFAICR) of the size, and that would recreate
an exact copy of the new version of the package, given the previous
version of the package. Currently my notebook is broken (power
transformer fried with a white flash); when it is alive again, I will
post more details.

a.