Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Christopher Nelson wrote:
> But then I don't know much about tax systems besides that I put money in and file for a
> refund the beginning of the next year....

Then you know just enough to be losing money. You're basically giving
the government a free loan for a year when you get a refund. I would
recommend instead that you change your withholding so less is withheld,
put that same amount a savings account (or better, 6- to 12-month CD for
a bit better rates and less likelihood of dipping into it "for
emergencies"), and you get the interest on your money instead of giving
it to the government. Sure, you'll have to pay in at the end of the
year, but you're paying in less than you were paying, because now you're
getting the interest.

--
Kent