Re: GNOME V. KDE (was Re: New user need some help

John Stumbles wrote:
> Since my first experience with GNOME was of the apps bundled with it
> that rather put me off. Now that I know what I want to use (e.g. k3b) I
> could probably get along with GNOME if I had to. However since I'm now
> reasonably familar with KDE it'd be a learning curve to get into GNOME
> so there'd have to be some positive incentive to do so.

    I don't think there is.  I was never keen on Gnome and every time I use
Gnome I just get frustrated at how backwards and dumb everything is.  About
the only thing I think they might have done right is spatial which it seems
everyone who loves Gnome otherwise thinks is wrong.

    If I *had* to choose between the two I'd choose KDE every time, hands
down.  However my choice because of RAM requirements is XFCE.  The more I use
it the less I want to use KDE as it does all I want from a DE/WM in a lighter
footprint.