Re: using apt-listbugs

Stephen R Laniel wrote:
On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 09:30:35AM -0400, Rick Reynolds wrote:
But attacking this problem from another angle: I'm assuming it's not a good idea to do an upgrade from within X. Is that accurate? If I ran the upgrade within an xterm window, I'd probably not have this alignment problem at all.

There's no problem upgrading within X. I've done it for
years. It's just that if you upgrade various X-related
packages, you'll want to restart X. But if you upgrade the
kernel, you'll probably want to reboot your whole system.
I completely agree. Occasionally upgrading gdm or kdm from X has caused a glitch.

Paul Scott