Re: Social Contract

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Are you saying that the social security I get every month is somehow
> free?

    To you?  Sure is.  Social Security is the only legal ponzi scam allowed in
the US.  Your Social Security payments are paid by present day workers.  Your
withholdings were spent as you earned them.  The idea was that since the
population was expanding we could take from the current generation and give to
the previous out to infinity.  However, the population growth has tapered off,
longevity through medical advances kicked in and now instead of dozens of
people per recipient we're not closing in on a 1:1 ratio.

> Thats not exactly how I see it.  That money was withheld from my
> wages, largely against my better judgement, over a period exceeding 50
> years by the time I quit showing up everyday for work in favor of a
> weekly visit to the transmitter and basicly an on-call basis since mid
> 2002.  Had I been able to invest that money in a simple compounding
> interest savings account, it would be worth much for than a million
> dollars by now, and I could live quite nicely on the interest alone.

    How you see it is the typical way and is factually inaccurate.  No amount
of how you see its are going to replace the money you contributed which has
already been spent.  So the fact of the matter is, yes, you're getting
something for free.

    But shockingly enough I wasn't even talking about social security.  I was
talking about Earned Income Credits (EIC).  The short, short form is that EICs
are issued for people being irresponsible (like, having kids while well below
the poverty level), who pay no taxes (see the point about poverty level) and
will get money "back" from the federal government because of EIC.  They paid
nothing in, they get money out.  They got money... for free.  That is but one
example.

> Now, what was it you were saying?

    Something completely different?  But hey, you want to go on your selfish
trip be my guest.  Question is come time who are you gonna hunt?  Because I
don't like that ponzi scheme any more than you do and it is *my* income *you*
are garnishing.  So let's see if your aim is true.  You going after the
politicians or the people like me who have a right to defend their property
just as much as you do?