Re: afraid to upgrade libc6 and libc6-dev

"Michael M." <nixlists@writemoore.net> writes:
> But I think you did not hear from most of the legions of Sid users for
> whom the Xorg upgrade proceeded without a single issue.

As far as I could tell, the most annoying problems happened only if you had
customized xorg.conf, which I suppose the bulk of users will not have done
(though enough did to cause mass confusion on the mailing lists).

There are also various packages which are not updated yet and will get
deleted by default (by aptitude at least) if you try to install the new X.
I've worked around this by putting a hold on x11-common (which seems to be
the point of conflict), and had no problems so far -- but I have no idea
what's really in x11-common, so who knows if it's _really_ safe.... :-/

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche