Re: ssh via inetd the Debian way

Steve Lamb wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
>> Many embedded systems don't have swap. ssh in inetd worked ok last time
>> I used it as long as speed was not important.

>     Thanks, Joey, I'll give it a whirl later on and let everyone know.  Was
> just hoping that it was a question on dpkg-reconfigure that I was missing.

    Ok, the directions that Greg gave were spot on with the exception of the
missed -i at the end of the inetd.conf line.  Also I needed to get rid of the
rc.d symlinks with a quick:
cd /etc
rm rc*.d/*ssh

    Also somehow flubbed stopping sshd and restarting inetd and locked myself
out.  The funny part is that it reminded me I have ssh access to my machine's
console so if it weren't for scp I could always just ssh to the console and
take up no RAM regardless.