Re: Firefox question about pop-up menus

On 25 Apr 2006, Paul E Condon wrote:

> > >Thanks.
> > >I'd like to try this but so far as I know I've never succeeded at
> > >installing
> > >a mozilla add-on. I've failed again on this one. Where can I find
> > >instructions
> > >that don't assume that it 'just works'?
> > >
> > I just installed it for sarge from
> > http://readeasily.mozdev.org/installation.html
> >
> > You probably have to allow java and to set preferences > web features >
> > allow sites to install software
> > and add that url.
> >
> > Worked for me.
> But not for me.
> Are you using Sarge?
> Are you using the Firefox that is distributed by Debian as a .deb file?
> I have checked java and preferences. I see a window asking for permission
> to install software. I click on the button that gives permission. There
> is a short delay, after which the 'Extensions' window is still empty.
> Shouldn't all installed plugins be listed in this window? That seems to
> be implied by the help instructions for removing plugins. (It does confirm
> my memory that I've never gotten any plugin installed.)
>
> Have plugins been disabled in the Debian version?
> Please make suggestions as to what I should try.
> What information can I post that would help others help me?
> --
> Paul E Condon
> pecondon@mesanetworks.net

I'm using the deb package for firefox that is currently in Unstable.
Extensions work well. You go to the Tools menu and choose Extensions and
then Get More Extensions. The Read Easily extension is in Message
Reading.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian