xdm crashes

Hello everybody,

I have added several local displays using
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers
by adding the following lines to the default configuration
#:0 local /usr/bin/X vt7 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
:0 local /usr/bin/X :0 vt7 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
:1 local /usr/bin/X :1 vt8 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
:2 local /usr/bin/X :2 vt9 -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp

When xdm starts, it creates a log in window and crashes after several
minuts of operation. It does not matter if I log in or not within these
several minutes. What matters is, if I cycle through Ctrl-Alt-F7,
Ctrl-Alt-F8, Ctrl-Alt-F9, before it crashes, it works fine.

So it appears that if I do not cycle through the consoles, it can not
initialze them and crashes. If I cycle through them manually --
everything works.

Maybe something else needs to be modified in the xdm configuration. All
other configuration parametrs are the default ones.

I use unstable distribution.

Any help is appreciated.

Lazar