VOIP for Debian, tunneling VOIP through ssh

I would like to hear opinions about different VOIPs
available for debian, especially when used behind
routers that mask the ip and forward only one or two
ports. Plus, a little OffTopic, does anyone has a
commercial VOIP recommendation for Debian users that
would allow using our own softphones (kphone, ihu,
etc) while travelling? A good short howto would also
be appreciated.

The second issue is probably more interesting: How do
I establish a (linphone, ihu, kphone, twinkle, etc)
PC-PC connection tunneled through ssh? I am not
exactly sure, since the usage of the full duplex card
seems to be confusing. (If x1 is connected to x2, what
card is who using?). Hmm, anyway, a short howto will
probably be thanked by many (brocolli and no brocolli eaters).