Re: Playing midi?

Wulfy wrote:
> Hmm...  I know a little about midi, but not much.  Since I'm able to
> play it with some application, I should think it would be possible
> with any...  I have the same problem with the Control Centre...  I've
> read cryptic mentions of "sound fonts" but have never been able to
> find any to try...  that may be why I can't make it work.

Some (wavetable-based) onboard synthesizers (such as those found on
EMU10K1 cards) need to be loaded with waveform packages before they will
work.

The awesfx package contains the tools needed to do this. You will also
need a soundfont file to load with these tools. "2mbgmgs.sf2" and
"8mbgmgs.sf2" should be productive Google queries.

cmr