Re: Firestarter: how to auto start it?

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:27:28AM -0700, lmyho wrote:

> To use gksudo, do I still need to add the command line for the user in the sudoers
> file?  If need, Should I add 'NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/firestarter start' in sudoers
> for this user, or add 'NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/firestarter', or just
> '/usr/sbin/firestarter' for the user?

I don't know about gksudo, but as to the sudoers file, I wouldn't use
the NOPASSWD tag, it would allow anyone who made his way into your
account to change your firewall rules without knowing your passwd, and
there are ways to break into an account without knowing the passwd.
Leaving out NOPASSWD allows you an extra little bit of security, and
every bit counts.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.