Re: Supported Video Cards under Free Software (was: Re: Best Video Card)

On Apr 19 2006, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Still, if they come out with reasonably priced cards that can do
> 3D like an NVIDIA FX 5200 using the nvidia binary driver, I'd

How exactly is the performance of such a beast? I have never had the
opportunity of using a binary driver for video, since I don't need 3D
and my trusty, old Matrox card is keeping up with my necessities.

But I'm frequently asked (by friends) to recommend hardware that would
run Linux well and, well, the topic of video cards is where I get most
undecided...

Thanks for any experiences shared, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/