Re: Question about building a Debian package

> The differences between upstream are usually stored in the .diff.gz file that
> you get when you 'apt-get source' the package. The .orig.tar.gz contains the
> actual upstream code.
>
> BTW, what package+version are you working on?

Thanks for the info!  The package I want to make is freeradius-postgresql module.
Curent freeradius pkg in debian distro is v1.1.0-1, and does not include the
postgresql module. But we have to this module to let freeradius work together with
postgresql.  If build the package ourself from source, then we can get this module.

Right now in the freeradius website, the latest release is already v1.1.1, but still
v1.1.0 from the debian archive.  I tried to build the pkg from website source v1.1.1
already, got aaaaaaaa...lot... of warnings from the package building process,
including many many many "differ in signedness" errors.  I am worried it may be too
risky to use the built package on the server, but I am not clear.:(

Any idea?

Thanks!