Installation DVDs - Questions

Hello, I'm kind  of new in the linux world and I need some help, I hope you'll answer my questions...

I've heard a lot about debian and decided to use it... Now, I'm donwloading the DVD .ISO file number 1. My question are:

1) Can I install the system and have it running just with this DVD (DVD 1)?
2) The DVD 1 contains everything for a basic system? Like common application (open office, editors, internet tools and GNOME programs)
3) What is the content of the DVD 2?
4) Where can I get this kind of information?
5) Supposing the answer for 1 is yes, the content od the DVD 2 can be installed later without any problems?

I know this questions will sound very stupid to many... but I know you guys want the spread linux... and here I am to be one more...

Thanks...

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail - 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.