Re: Color printers (was Re: Printer for linux?)

Hal Vaughan wrote:
that. I do know a friend of mine looked (a photo professor) at figures and said that the ink in any photo printer was more expensive per ounce than the most expensive Parisian perfumes. He also told me it costs more per photo to use a home printer to print them than it does to use film and have it developed.

If you exclude the water and alcohol content of the ink (that will evaporate anyway once the ink is in place, and which is the cheapest part of ink production), you will find that your printer's ink is more expensive than platin or almost any other material you could possibly buy...

Johannes