Re: ATTN: Barbara Oncay

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:13:48 -0800
Ken Irving <fnkci@uaf.edu> wrote:

> As discussed elsewhere in this (sorry, Ms. Oncay) thread, the problem is
> due to the footer not being packaged in a multipart section.  If you can

And raises the possibility of the footer (i.e., the unsubscribe
message) being appended to each message as an attachment. Other mailing
lists (f.e., mandrake-newbie) do this. It has a downside of making it a
bit more cumbersome in some mailers (f.e, elm) as every mail from said
list shows up as a mime message. I haven't used elm as a primary mailer
for some time, though.

But *if* doing that makes the signature footer always visible, why not?
Obviously one has to way the disadvantage of added bloat (adding
signatures this way is going to make for slightly bigger mails) vs.
having a defense ("there's the signature") against people who just
can't figure out how to unsubscribe and send invective the way Ms.
Oncay did. Still, I'm skeptical as to whether Ms. Oncay saw or didn't
see one.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.