Re: SATA RAID 0 in Debian [solved]

Michael Schurter wrote:

The drives were setup on an old motherboard that died, and I can't seem to find a way to get the crappy Windows SATA RAID utility to recognize the drives as an existing RAID array.

Your screwed unless you can find a board that has the same IDE controller on it

Actually, I found a great Ubuntu forum on the topic, and the command "dmraid -ay" autodetected the RAID without problems. Quite impressive! I was able to copy files off of the RAID and then I'm going to set it back up in Windows so both Windows and Linux can see it.

Huh? How does that work? Did you set it up as Windoze software RAID on the old board (independant of the controller on that board), and Ubuntu features access to such a RAID?

GH