Re: SATA RAID 0 in Debian [solved]

listrcv wrote:
Michael Schurter wrote:

The drives were setup on an old motherboard that died, and I can't seem to find a way to get the crappy Windows SATA RAID utility to recognize the drives as an existing RAID array.

Your screwed unless you can find a board that has the same IDE controller on it because the format in which the data has been stored is unique to the type of controller on the broken board.

If you want RAID, use a decent and true hardware RAID controller. _Never_ use the fake onboard-controllers!

Actually, I found a great Ubuntu forum on the topic, and the command "dmraid -ay" autodetected the RAID without problems. Quite impressive! I was able to copy files off of the RAID and then I'm going to set it back up in Windows so both Windows and Linux can see it.

Michael Schurter