Re: Network printing

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 12:55:12AM +0100, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
>El Martes, 18 de Abril de 2006 22:40, Gezim Hoxha escribió:
>> Forgive me for I'm a newbie. I'm wondering how would you solve this
>> problem if the network had windows computers as well?
>
>Just installing samba on one of the machines with cups, then enabling the cups
>printing loading on samba (this is default on Samba Debian packages), that
>way windows machines will "see" the cups printers.
>
>You could also let the windows machines auto-install the drivers, but
>that is an advanced Samba topic.
>Moreover, Windows 2K and XP machines could use the cups printers
>directly, you could add it as IPP printers with the windows "Add
>printer" wizard

There was an article in the March issue of LinuxJournal that touched on
this[1]. You might find it worth reading.

/M

1. http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8377

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.
     -- Albert Einstein