Re: uninstall some TESTING packages

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

Craig Longman wrote:

well, my worst nightmare with a package managed system.  i need to
install qt-3.0.5 to get a fix for a daylight savings time bug, but was
only available in the TESTING branch.  so i added it in, installed it
and the other packages that were required from testing, unfortunately a
version of glibc and binutils and a bunch of other obviously system wide
things, and now my machine is behaving very badly.  i need to remove
anything from the TESTING tree and replace it with the one(s) from
STABLE. then i'll just get the source code for qt 3.0.5 and install that.

First, it may not be possible to revert.  However, if you need packages
from testing or unstable, you have a few options.  First, you can check
www.backports.org, which has some very recent qt packages compiled for
Sarge.  Second, you can try backporting the package yourself, which is
not difficult: http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

thanks, but i'm still stuck with a broken install.

i can't figure out how to track down where the installed package came from. i think i can figure out how to force the 'upgrade' back to the stable version, but i can find no way of determining which packages installed on my machine come from testing, and which ones come from stable...?

cheers,

  CraigL->Thx();