Re: Network printing

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 01:33:15PM +0200, Philippe De Ryck wrote:
> I know there's cups (used it in other environments) and samba, but I
> think this might be a little strange for linux only machines.

If you have CUPS installed on all the machines, then it
should be very easy. You just need the machine with the
printer to broadcast itself to the rest of your network, and
the others to listen. Then when any of the other machines
come online, they see the networked printer and can print to
it. I've done this for a bunch of networks, and it's
normally quite easy (once you get the various CUPS
config-file settings right :->).

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org