uninstall some TESTING packages

well, my worst nightmare with a package managed system. i need to install qt-3.0.5 to get a fix for a daylight savings time bug, but was only available in the TESTING branch. so i added it in, installed it and the other packages that were required from testing, unfortunately a version of glibc and binutils and a bunch of other obviously system wide things, and now my machine is behaving very badly. i need to remove anything from the TESTING tree and replace it with the one(s) from STABLE. then i'll just get the source code for qt 3.0.5 and install that.

i would try and submit a bug report, but all i really see now is mythtv not connecting to the database for some reason and occasionally it seeming like X and the keyboard hanging. not very helpful.

any pointers greatly appreciated, i would hate to have to simply reinstall the whole thing all over again...

cheers,

   CraigL->Thx();