Re: ATTN: Barbara Oncay

"David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:04:34 -0700
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>

> > I think the consensus was that some MUA's show it and some don't but
> > that mostly it was caused by pgp signing. That is a pgp-signed message
>
> I surmised that after reading the thread - but ISTR being able to see
> the signature line fine on those that had GPG signed messages - maybe
> on another list (therefore using different list management software) -
> it would display the signature block and then any extra signature lines
> just fine.
>
> I also noticed the signature missing on messages that are in part or in
> whole HTML. In those cases there's a Text pane and a Attachment(s)
> pane, but no signature displays on either one.

They are there in most cases if you can look at the source.  I use
gnus and it works the same way.

However, nobody seems to be mentioning that there are some that don't
have any unsubscribe line at all.  I see them mostly from gmail, but
it looks like any message that has the transfer encoding set to
quoted-printable and is *NOT* a multipart message will have no
unsubscribe line at all.  The following is the message ID of one
example in this thread:
<[🔎] 35c231bf0604140938i76d2e391yf40670fabc1f075c@mail.gmail.com>.
It also has the following mailing list header:

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org