Re: Acroread, where are you my Acroread?

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 11:21 +0200, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> Rob Blomquist wrote:
> > I am trying to install this lovely non-OS reader for my PDFs, and I
> > hear their  is one apt-gettable, but I know not where it lay. I have
> > as my sources,  stable main, updates main, contrib, non-free, and
> > sarge-backports.
> >
> > Yes, I runneth Sarge! Thanks to you, I shall not have to downloadth
> > the flaming tarball from Adobe.....
>
> Still, unlike almost every other tarball, I found this one very easy to
> install in Sarge.
>
> After unpacking:
>
>     tar xfz AdobeReader_enu-7.0.5-1.i386.tar.gz
[snip]

Put this in your sources.list:
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ $BRANCH main

Then run:
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install acroread acroread-escript acroread-plugins \
                      mozilla-acroread

Piece of cake, and keeps you up-to-date.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Why do we have to hide from the police, Daddy?"
"Because we use vi, son. They use emacs."